House Parties features stylish, large holiday homes in the U.K. Let us help you find the perfect group accommodation for your break …

Legal Requirements for Holiday Home Owners

We recommend the Tourist Board Pink Book as an excellent source of information on legal requirements for holiday home owners.
The Pink Book

You will also be required to carry out a Gas Safety check every year if your property has gas appliances. This needs to be carried out by a Gas Safe Approved Engineer.
Gas Safe

Holiday let landlords have a duty to regularly carry out safety checks to ensure that the electrical appliances and fittings within the property are safe and in good working order. In addition to regular visual checks, appliances/electrics should checked and serviced regularly by a NICEIC registered electrician.

Electrical Testing Information

Holiday home owners are responsible for understanding fire risks, taking measures to protect guests and complying with Fire Safety Law (known as Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005).

You will find information on this in The Pink Book for properties in Scotland click here

Bunk beds have to be in compliance with European Safety Standards meeting safety, strength and durability requirements. Considerations include sturdy guardrails with specific measurements between the gaps.
Child Safety Europe

Insurance – we recommend Schofields who provide tailored Holiday Home Insurance.
Schofields Ltd
Trinity House, 7 Institute Street, Bolton, BL1 1PZ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1204 36 50 80
E-mail: ku.dt1544860192l.sdl1544860192eifoh1544860192cs@se1544860192mohya1544860192diloh1544860192

Join Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Share This